After several months of development, we’re happy to show you what we’ve been up to and update you on what to expect.
So first off, we’re aiming to release MoneyWiz 2.5 by the end of August. At this point it’s fully ready for iOS and Mac, and half ready for Android and Windows, that’s why we’re not releasing it right now. While the Android & Windows teams catch up on the new features, we’ll focus on bug fixing & general improvements on iOS and Mac.
The bad news is that things took much longer than expected since the Tags functionality was not as easy as we thought, mostly because it required a major rewrite of our reporting system to make it more versatile and able to handle one more data type – tags. The result of this delay forces us to release MoneyWiz 2.5 without investment accounts. Rest assured though – the next thing we’ll do after we release 2.5 is investment accounts. As promised they will come in MoneyWiz 2!
Here’s what to expect from MoneyWiz 2.5 once released:
- Tags – ability to tag transactions, ability to add tags to budgets ( to automatically find transactions by specific tags) + tons of reports related to tags.
- Receipts sync – we’re adding free receipts sync via Dropbox. All you need to do is to have a SYNCbits account and then link that account to your Dropbox account and MoneyWiz will start syncing the receipts. We’ll add other platforms in the future.
- Online Banking categorization – we’ve spent a lot of time (and we actually have a private beta running with some ~100 beta testers) to improve on how transactions are automatically categorized. You’ll love the results! But on top of that, you will also be able to disable the auto-categorization feature if you want, via Settings.
- Off-setting categories – in MoneyWiz 2.5 you will be able to create expenses or incomes with minus sign so you can off-set the value of categories. That will also allow you to handle reimbursements on top of the existing refunds functionality.
- New reports – we’re adding 14 new reports so MoneyWiz will have total of 30 reports soon! Some of the new reports are tags related, some are generic. We’re also adding the ability to add any number of custom filters to the reports so you can funnel your data even more. We’re also adding 2 new types of reports – stacked bars and spreadsheet. Check out the screenshots below.
- General improvements – lots of smaller improvements and bug fixes. Some performance improvements as well.
As noted, we hope to release 2.5 by the end of this month (August 2016) assuming that the Windows & Android teams manage to finish their part of the functionality. Once we release we’ll focus on delivering investment accounts as soon as possible.