We’d like to share with you our plans for MoneyWiz in 2016.
A Mission Statement
MoneyWiz is the most advanced personal finance software on the market. We’ve spent years developing and refining the algorithms that define how MoneyWiz works for you.
Over the past year we’ve dedicated much of our time in making MoneyWiz more suitable for people who do casual personal financing. Now it’s time to focus on adding more powerful features.
For that reason, starting this year we’ll dedicate our efforts in making MoneyWiz more powerful rather than simplifying it. What that means for you is that you should expect more advanced features coming into MoneyWiz this year. We won’t compromise on ease of use, but for those of you who do more than just casual cashflow monitoring, there will be plenty of new features we think you will love.
Coming soon in MoneyWiz 2
Since we’re nearing the release of MoneyWiz 2 for Windows, we can now focus on some long awaited features. As recently announced, we’re finalizing a great update (2.3) with improved transaction entry, new reports, redesigned categories management and other great features.
There are several more features we want to implement before moving on to MoneyWiz 3. Those are major features we’ve promised to be delivered in MoneyWiz 2 and we intend to keep that promise.
Tags, Receipts Sync and Investment Accounts – we’ll release all that under a 2.5 update. Hopefully in June. Once that’s done we’ll focus on bug fixes andperformance improvements.
FYI Receipts Sync will initially start with Dropbox and Amazon Cloud Drive and we’ll perhaps add Google Drive and iCloud in the future.
There are other, smaller features that will make it in MoneyWiz 2, but we’ll focus on them after delivering Tags and Investment Accounts.
We hope to release MoneyWiz 3 in Q1 2017.
A few things we plan to focus on in MoneyWiz 3:
- New design
- Day and Night themes for iOS
- Support for multiple users/databases/documents
- GPS integration for Payees
- Goals functionality (Income Budgets)
- Background sync (both SYNCbits and Online Banking)
- Smart notifications for Online Banking accounts (for example – Notify me when a specific payment arrives, or when a transaction exceeds $100 etc)
- Integrations with other software products and platforms
- Pro Features on iOS (such as advanced reconcile, bulk editing, spreadsheet view on iPad etc)
- New Dashboard widgets
- Multi-line transactions (expenses & incomes in the same transaction)
- Reimburse functionality
- Grouping of scheduled transactions
- Ability to set fiscal year
As usual, we’ll keep you posted for any changes or delays and we welcome your feedback at [email protected]